Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Is anyone interested in watching Korean movies?




Recently, the Korean movies have gained popularity in America. I am one of those who is addicted to Korean movies than any other movies. How about you?  If you have never thought of watching it, you should consider, especially if you like romantic or drama.

Korean movies, generally, never go beyond one season, consist of only 16 episodes unlike the American's that continued with multiple seasons. Romance is forefront in the Korean movies, the movie mostly rated PG, no sexual physical relationship, only kiss is the most romantic things you can see throughout the drama. It emphasizes on the characters getting to know each other first before they become a girlfriend or boyfriend. Usually, main male character is from a rich family or more educated and main female character is from a middle class family or less educated. At the end of the movies, there always have a happy and peaceful ending, that is what I like about the Korean movies.

Thanks to convergence culture, now online streaming video are now getting easier to access, whereas the internet is available. I do not need to have Korean cable in order to watch its movies. Through online video streaming  services, I can just go to their websites using computer, or tablet, smart TV or my smart phone device to watch. 

There are a couple websites that I have been using to watch Korean movies such as Viki Ratuken, and Drama4fever. These are free websites that allowed you to view old episodes.  However, current ones are required to pay a fee.  The websites do allow me to watch for a few episodes of current movies to lure in and make me pay a monthly subscription fee if I wish to continue.  Those current movies will become available and free months later, usually 6 months to 1 yr later.

Since I did not want to pay the fee and still wanted to watch the remaining episodes, I was looking for other websites that could provide me with free access of the Korean's current movies, I came across this website https://www.viewasian.tv/tags/drama4u/. It is called "TV ViewAsia". It is free and available not only Korean movies but also Asian movies with English subtitle. There is an disadvantage of this website is the advertising always pop up at the beginning of each episode.
Also, now we can access some Korean Movies with English Subtitle through Netflix.

Check it out when you are available !!!     
    

No comments:

Post a Comment