Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Are you a member of online community?


Yes, I am !!!! I became a member of an online community called "Mom's Support Group" in the past few weeks. I decided to join this group because I am also a mom of two kids. This was my first time that I involved with strangers on social media. It was a bit weird when I posted my issue on this site for the first time since I usually never shared my own personal problems to the world.

So far, I am so happy with Mom's Support Group. There are a lot of members who have been in my shoes, gave me very useful advice how to cope with its problem. They gave very genuine comments and support that made me feel that I am not alone in this world.

It is an interesting online community, which can be found on Facebook. This group has very strict rule for members to comply. Every post or comment is screened by Admin before showing it on the site.

Last week, I just found out that one of my close friends in the U.S is also part of this group. She has been in hell with her marriage over 10 years and has 3 kids. She is still married but her husband and her do not talk to each other unless it is a significant matter, then they will talk. One member in the group posted her issues which was similar to my friend's issues. My friend shared her own story, and gave some advice to that member. That woman took my friend's advice serious and really appreciated too.   

I believe to be part of online community is very important because sometimes I do not want to share my issues with my family and friends, I rather share it with the strangers.

If you have not joined any online group yet, please find at least one that fit to your own preference, then JOIN IT!!!!   

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post! I completely agree on the importance of being in an online community. That is so great how you found one of your friends in the group.

    ReplyDelete