Sunday, April 14, 2019

What is PINTEREST?


Recently, I was introduced by one of my friends to a new app called “Pinterest”. She recommended to download its app if I want to look for food recipes from all around the world. I have never heard of Pinterest before until she told me. I can check any thing I want by typing in the search engine of Pinterest, it will be popped out, which is similar to Google’s search engine, but it is in smaller scale. On the homepage of Pinterest, there are variety of images rather than the contents. If I am interested in food, I click on food, it will appear variety of food images and when I select on its image, it will show recipe of its food at the bottom. 

Here is the general information about Pinterest, Pinterest is a social images platform and a visual discovery engine for finding ideas like recipes, home, and style inspiration, and more. Home feed is the center of Pinterest, where we will find ideas, or pins, with recommendations based on your interests. When we discover ideas or Pins we love, save them to boards to keep your ideas organized and easy to find. There is a following tab on the home page where we can discover ideas by clicking on the people we want to follow. Thus, it allows users to visually share, and pose images or videos. Users can interact with each other through liking, commenting, re-saving each other’s stuff and private messaging each other. It is a free web and app but needs to set up an account to start using it. 

Pinterest was found in 2010 and the company has received $1.5 billion in funding from 37 firms including Rakuten, Goldman Sachs, and Andreessen Horowitz. Roughly 250 Roughly 250 million users, or "pinners," use the bulletin board-like platform every month to browse and share images and other content in the form of "pins." Here it is linked: https://www.pinterest.com/barbfriedberg/investopedia/ 

I would strongly recommend to use Pinterest app, especially people who are interested in cooking and want to discover new food to cook for family, Pinterest will be your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment