Sunday, March 31, 2019

Should I have a Blog?

When Trine-Maria Kristensen was introduced to the blog at the first time in 2003, she was in skeptical. I am now in her shoes as I am new to weblog. I am wondering and questioning myself, what is the use to have a blog to express my opinion about things, and who would care to read my opinions if we are not relatively known each other. Kristensen had precisely explained why she started to have her own blog which helped her connecting to other bloggers and built network all around the world whose shared the same interests and perspective on specific topics. She used the weblog to post things that irritated her or sometimes she requested the tips or advice from the bloggers and she got good responses. I agreed with her, most of time it is really good to get other’s opinions on things that bothering us and probably we learn new things unexpectedly by engaging with others. I believe the new media bring people close to each other with physical distance. 

She also mentioned blogs are benefit to businesses for commercial their products and services and to get feedback honestly from bloggers on change, problems, dilemmas the businesses may face. It is kind of making sense with the advance media technology, businesses must take advantage of its new media to approach consumers and get feedback from them on how to improve their products or services with minimizing the costs. The most important, we can get the honest responses.

By reading her story and the benefit of using blog, I am inspired and anxious to have my own blog, even though, I am a bit shy to express my ideas to the world. It seems the weblog is very benefit to people who want to connect to the world or want to world to know them either for the career or personal reasons in the informal way. Kristensen gave very good tips for new blogger and how to make blog very catchy to the outsiders. So, I need to stay true to myself, express sincerity and being serious to what I wrote but be kind when I comment on the blogs and provide the link that are useful to readers or bloggers to support the ideas or arguments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment